Although I know that waxing is a better option than shaving, I would often resort in shaving sometimes because there aren’t any good waxing salons around my area. Boo! So while I was going through the shops at the Heat Wave Summer Bazaar and saw Strip It’s booth, I told myself, “why not give this one a try?” I’ve read good reviews about it through various beauty blogs here in the Philippines so I totally caved in. Although the girl manning the booth was doing her usual sales talk to convince me in trying out Strip It, I was actually already contemplating whether I’d buy the large tub or just try the smaller one first. She didn’t need to do all those sales talk honestly. Hehe.
Strip It is a ready-to-use hair removal sugaring which is all natural, water soluble and said to be safe to use on the face, body, bikini area and even on sensitive skin. It also claims to exfoliate since dead skin cells and dirt are stripped off at the same time and it is laced with moisturizer making the skin smoother and it also has calamansi which is pretty much known to promote skin lightening!
How to use it:
1. Make sure that your hair is at least ¼ inch long and that skin is completely clean and dry. You may opt to powder the skin lightly if it’s oily and then brush it off completely.
2. Apply Strip It to your skin using the wooden spatula in the DIRECTION OF YOUR HAIR GROWTH. Make sure the skin surface is flat so do this while stretching your skin thus covering the full area
3. Take a cloth strip, press it down firmly onto the waxed area and rub for a few seconds. Remember to leave a small space at the end of the strip for pulling and hold your skin stretched tight so that all the hair will be pulled when your strip off the cloth.
4. Immediately strip off the cloth in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION OF YOUR HAIR GROWTH and remember to do this rapidly but closely to the skin. If few stray hairs remain you may opt to re-wax or tweeze them.
5. Wipe the skin with a damp cloth or towel afterwards to remove excess sugaring.
The Good Bits:
I love the fact that this is inexpensive. I used this to wax my sister’s legs as my first attempt to wax at home. The instructions which came with the spatula and stripping cloth was precise and detailed that it could pass as a mini waxing for dummies instruction manual. True enough, Strip It did not dry my sister’s skin and it left it smooth and all good. The scent of the sugaring is really tempting to lick off of the tub or even the spatula. It made me remember the days when I eat pulot back in elementary school. Hahaha! It actuallt removed 97% of the hair in just one strip so if there are only a few stray hairs left, you may opt to just tweeze those little bitches instead.
The Bad Bits:
Waxing at home can be a bit messy and this actually attracts ants so make sure to clean up after use.
|Sister's leg. (L) Unwaxed (R) Waxed :)|
I’m still not yet a big fan of waxing at home but would love to do this in my under arm area. I still prefer shaving on my legs and getting my Brazilian wax at a waxing salon. My sister, however, would love to use it again on her legs. I’m giving this product a rating of 9/10. First time at-home-waxing experience would be good if you’d use this one.